Karen Eberhart Miller, EA, CPA, MSMIS
Tax Specialist and Accountant
TAX RETURN DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 15th — PAYMENTS ALSO EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 15TH.
We are recommending that you still file as soon as possible while the tax system is open and operating normally. If the District of Columbia gets shut down, refunds and processing centers will, most likely, also be shut down.
We are still accepting TAX RETURN DOCUMENTS from new and current clients, from anywhere, through our secure portal. This will comply with recommendations to limit contact with people. We then can return your finished tax return electronically or through the postal mail.
We specialize in taxes. Filing individual & business tax returns and solving tax problems. We are a year-around accounting office.
Welcome to Eberhart Accounting Services, P.C.! Whether you are new to our site or returning for a visit, you will benefit from our timely and valuable information. As your business partner, we understand your need to save time, and we work with you to find effective solutions for your business needs. We strive to build and maintain long-lasting business relationships, and this website is an extension of our commitment to you.
Here are the top 10 reasons why you may want to hire a tax professional:
- It can save you money. If your tax preparer finds even one deduction or tax credit you may have missed, it can easily exceed the fee it costs to have a professional prepare your return.
- It saves you time. The International Revenue Service (IRS) reports that it takes nearly 20 hours to complete the average tax return with deductions. Your time is worth money. How much is it worth to you to get that time back?
- Tax professionals can answer your questions and resolve issues. It’s very likely you will have questions about your taxes. Calling the IRS means you could be on hold for hours. Tax professionals can answer most of these instantly.
- You gain peace of mind. Just knowing that a professional is handling your taxes reduces stress.
- Making mistakes can be very costly. In terms of missed deductions or triggering an IRS letter or audit; a tax professional can help eliminate errors and ensure your returns are prepared correctly.
- You benefit with money-saving tax planning. Tax professionals can advice you now and all year round on the best strategies to make smart tax-saving decisions.
- Your previous returns can also be reviewed. A tax professional can look at your past returns to see if any deductions were missed and, if so, amend them for you.
- You can reduce your risk of an audit. And, if you are audited or the IRS starts asking questions you can’t easily answer, a professional tax preparer knows how to deal with the IRS.
“The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax” – Albert Einstein
Please, feel free to browse our website to see the services we offer as well as the many helpful resources we provide. When you are ready to learn more about what we can do for you, we encourage you to contact us.