TAX RETURN DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 15th — PAYMENT DEADLINE IS ALSO EXTENDED TO JULY 15th.
We are recommending that you still file as soon as possible while the tax system is open and operating normally. If the District of Columbia gets shut down, refunds and processing centers will, most likely, also be shut down.
We are still accepting TAX RETURN DOCUMENTS from new and current clients, from anywhere, through our secure portal. This will comply with recommendations to limit contact with people. We then can return your finished tax return electronically or through the postal mail.
We are planning ahead and offering various solutions to meet our client’s needs. We can prepare your return electronically without you needing to come into the office. We offer consultations via Skype, phone appointments, and we have a client portal were you can send documents to us securely. We can send the completed tax return back to you by email, our portal, or through the regular mail.
The portal can also be for people who are busy and do not have much time to come into the office or people who are out of the local area.
In case the government shuts down local business, due to the virus, we will continue to operate remotely and will be available via email and the telephone to meet your needs and answer your questions.
Here are some recommendations from Homeland Security.
During a Pandemic
• Limit the Spread of Germs and Prevent Infection
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
• Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.